CSDG, an award-winning, multi-disciplinary design firm located in Nashville, TN, is seeking a CAD Designer to join our Civil Engineering team.
Civil Engineering is the expertise that our firm was founded on. Project challenges can be simple or complex, but always require thoughtful, comprehensive design solutions. As a key component to our multi-disciplinary process, our engineers collaborate with other team members to ensure that our civil engineering efforts are designed and implemented in a safe, functional, economical and sustainable manner.
CSDG has a broad project resume that spans a wide range of project types and sizes. From multimillion-dollar corporate headquarters and distribution centers, to small, urban infill residential projects, we pride ourselves on delivering exceptional service to our clients throughout the region. We are seeking motivated design professionals to join our team and further strengthen our capabilities as a firm.
- Supporting engineers and other key professionals in the preparation of plans using AutoCAD Civil 3D
- CAD Certification or 5+ years of AutoCAD experience is required
- Working knowledge of civil engineering terminology and construction practices
- Converting CAD layers into company standards
- Revising linework, references, notes and callouts based on redline markups
- Setting up plan drawings using references and title blocks
- 2D drafting of site layouts, e.g., parking lots, retail centers, multi-family developments, schools, industrial sites, residential and mixed-use developments
- Layout of utilities such as stormwater, sanitary sewer and water mains with associated profiles
- Creating property map exhibits and base maps utilizing orthoimagery and TN Lidar topography for conceptual design
More Advanced Tasks (internal training may be required):
- Creating surfaces, profiles, pipe networks, corridor models, polyline grading and earthwork analysis using AutoCAD Civil 3D
- CSDG is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing an inclusive work environment and culture that encourages personal and professional growth
- Employee medical, dental and vision insurance with family coverage options
- 401K with employer contribution
- Vacation and personal paid leave (increase in leave with longevity)
- Generous bonuses