The Planning + Landscape Architecture Studio is actively seeking a creative and enthusiastic experienced land planner/urban designer to expand our team the Nashville office.
Over the past 10 years, we have built a planning and landscape architecture studio with a broad range of professional skills and diverse backgrounds with experience across the United States and internationally. Each of our team members brings a passion for the built environment allowing us to focus on creating unique, authentic and memorable user experiences that inspire the imagination and connect with emotions.
For projects of all sizes, we pride ourselves on being a solutions-based ﬁrm. Planning, to us, is a dynamic, collaborative, and visionary process that is focused on translating the client’s vision into reality. With the development environment constantly changing, our goal is to develop alternatives that test the viability of different design solutions in order to deﬁne a successful development strategy.
As a Planner on our team, you will have the opportunity to work within our multi-disciplinary team to manage and develop strong, creative and innovative design concepts on a range of urban design and master planning projects. As a mid-size, multi-disciplinary firm, the growth and leadership opportunities within CSDG are exciting and we are looking for a dynamic individual to help grow our group and expand our regional footprint.
- Lead project teams for projects including: master planned communities, urban infill development, mixed-use development, community and neighborhood master planning, future growth corridor land use planning, campus planning for education, medical or general institutions, suburban site planning
- Prepare and lead presentations that communicate the design process and concepts
- Attend and represent projects at community planning commission and/or city council meetings
- Assist in managing client expectations, team communication and consultant coordination
- Assist in business development efforts for the Planning and Landscape Architecture studio
- Contribute to office activities, initiatives and professional development programs
- Mentor younger staff and team members
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Urban & Regional Planning, Landscape Architecture, Architecture or related field
- Minimum 5-10 years of professional experience in a planning and/or landscape architecture studio (professional licensure preferred)
- Experience in large-scale planning, mixed-use and residential development, and demonstrated experience working in a fast-paced and collaborative professional environment
- Experience collaborating with architects, engineers, environmentalists and other design and development consultants
- Experience with the municipal planning/entitlement process, interpreting community policy and zoning ordinances and project submittal requirements
- Demonstrated initiative, problem solving, and decision-making skills with a high attention to detail
- Strong written/verbal communication, research and presentation skills
- Strong hand and computer graphic skills
- LEED accreditation and/or sustainable design experience is preferred
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign & Illustrator), and Microsoft Office
- A creative thinker, collaborative teammate and a willingness to work on a variety of project types
- CSDG is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing an inclusive work environment and culture that encourages personal and professional growth
- Employee medical, dental and vision insurance with family coverage options
- 401K with employer contribution
- Vacation and personal paid leave (increase in leave with longevity)
- Generous bonuses